Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Big ideas, small begginings

I have decided to do something daft.  Allow me to explain...

Earlier in September I watched my Sister and three our friends, Martha, Sophy and Lucy run the Bristol Half marathon.
This has inspired me to do the same.  Now, naturally, in my line of work I'm not unfit.  I mean, I'm not at a peak level of fitness by any stretch, but with regular cycling to work and the demands of the job I'm no couch potato.  However I detest running. I'm not a runner.  At school, I cam last in any event that required running and I have been frequently heard to complain that running should only be used to get away from fire and lions...
So why have I decided to do something that I hate so much?

Well, my sister and our friends managed the half, some with minimal training and really enjoyed themselves. They also raised £1000 for BIBIC, the charity for brain injured children.  They also have a memory to look back on and say, 'I did that...'

There's also the charity element.  It's a great way to raise money.  I have a charity in mind, I've not told them yet, but in my mind it's the perfect one.

So, here's my plan...
I have 50 weeks until Bristol Half Marathon 2014. I am going to blog, weekly about my progress, the pain and the fundraising.  All I need you to do is keep reading, supporting and donating money.

Am I crazy? Yes!
Am I motivated to do this? Yes
Is it going to hurt? Absolutely!

Wish me luck

Next blog to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment